Blogger Tips and TricksSelf ImprovementSelf Improvement

My Battle With Negative Thoughts

12:03 AM Daniel's Chronicle 15 Comments

'' A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood''

Negativity is a mind blinder ,time killer and a bad friend that's capable of corrupting and destroying your whole life. I was once a victim of negative thoughts for years. And i can boldly say it was the worst and most ridiculous experience ever.

It all begun at tender age, sometimes in the 90's maybe 2000. I grew up in a home which life is good was painted in portrait form, everything was flipped downward. We weren't poor or rich but i can still recollect we had meal everyday.

The only fundamental right i lacked was freedom, they say freedom is won but not given but mine was different. I was restricted from making friends,playing,church and a whole bunch of the basics.

The devil caved in , the head stopped being himself and all responsibility were pushed to neck, the darkness  grew darker the more life got harder.

My whole life was caged in, So this monster grew in me, my mindset, my thoughts every about me were never right. I cultivated and grew up negatively with a sophisticated mindset and thoughts.

They say that “ A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. I was wandering in the dark,  i had positives atom in me though but it was a battle,  angels and devil were in a war fair ,all just for the redemption of my soul and mind.

Tensions get higher sometimes, lost of self worth, low self esteem, anger were my best practices. My whole  life  i never knew smiles as anything but pictures painted to impress people.

I derive pleasure from reading theories and dark conspiracy. At times i felt like my life is a set up not a precious gift as many claim.

My Battle With Negative Thoughts
Photo credit: Rudy A / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND
Later on i realize it was leading me no where, so i bought a new mindset ,it wasn't an easy task but i had to make Hayes while sun shines. I embraced positivity slowly, gradually i won the battle. Am free now, since then am always putting on vivid smiles my hearts is filled with  red roses. Singing to Pharrell Williams "Happy" because am feeling like a room without a roof.

I don't think anyone should ever go down the lane i moved on, this is just a summary of everything, if am about to write every event down it will be a lot of pages.

Are you still worried or living with negative thoughts? Positive lifestyle is more appealing and amazing.

Over to you

Have you ever been in a dark state of mind before, how was it like, complicated or easy? and did you manage to get over them?.How long did the battle lasted?

15 comments:

  1. Yippee, I battled with depression my whole life. It has been an on-going struggle. It is something that runs in my family and is due to chemical imbalances in the brain. It has not been fun, as you know. The battle continues everyday but I am much more positive than I have ever been so I am able to manage it better. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, I no an easy thing dealing with negative thoughts. I still get them now but not like before. About your own experience i pray God helps you get over it. So glad to hear you say that positivity rules everything around you. Thanks for contributing and sharing your story.

      Delete
  2. I called a friend who I knew could give me constructive, yet loving feedback. When you’re stuck in a negative spiral, talk to people who can put things into perspective and won’t feed your negative thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it complicated and ill talking to people, but now i have grown to realize the benefits of sharing.

      Delete
  3. Adopting positive mindset is something we all had to fight do. I had a tight childhood as well with me being branded as a good for nothing as I always challenge the odds even from childhood.

    I never took interest in Mathematcus whiles in school because I knew from the onset I was not cut for that. I don't believe in grades but instead what one can do best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realize that we all have dark side, boring past. Nobody really sees our version so they call us all sort of silly names.I hated that subject too but when i was about to write my final exams the fear of failure elevated my mindset to a different sphere, I fell in love and grew with it. Grades are merely figures just like words , actions speaks volume. What you can do best makes you unique. Thanks you for dropping by i appreciates.

      Delete
  4. Negative thoughts can sometimes drives to balance things into proper perspectives. Reeling your thoughts negatively all the time could be a downfall on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an optimist, for the most part. So oftentimes when I feel negative thoughts coming in, I can manage to find the good in the situation. I think it's really more of a mindset thing and that anyone can do it. It just takes a little extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always have moments where i thought of giving up on my dreams ... frustrations seem to envelope me every now and then.. it's a continuous battle but seeing my family and how much faith they have on me, reaching my dreams keep me moving forward..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiness can start with the feeling of being in control of oneself. Deciding on not wanting to be this or that and trying everyday can make for a great life in the long run. It may be a constant battle, but moving forward with a good disposition.. that's what we all want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Negative thoughts makes difficult times much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There will be times that in the face of trouble - you will tend to be negative, that is the cycle of life - it's just important to know how to stand up and be positive despite the situation. After all, worry ignites more things to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just always dwell on the postive side.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't dwell on negative thoughts because I find that it keeps me down. I try to keep it positive all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing such a moving entry. I used to battle with negative thoughts too when I was younger (a year ago and all the years before that). LOL. Optimism? I learned it the hard way. It's very tiring whenever you worry and think that you cannot do something, when in fact subconsciously you want to achieve it. So when I finally let go and began to embrace the challenges, I felt more alive and happy than ever. I guess this kind of thought comes with ageing. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Comments